Republished from PrimalPooch (https://primalpooch.com/raw-feeding-resources/) with permission, and content updated for South Africa.
There is a very large and diverse base of resources available on the internet today for the new and established raw fooding pet parents. While we strive to cover the basics and expand where necessary throughout the blog and FAQ sections of our site, we do not have all the answers. We encourage you to educate yourself on the topic, you can so so by reading and learning as much as you can from multiple sources, on the topic of real fooding. We strongly recommend that you question conventional wisdom, and using common sense, come to your own conclusions.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any resources to add or would like us to include your website or content.
Raw Feeding Informational Websites and Blogs
Veterinarians Blogs that supports Raw Fooding
The blogs we have listed here, are run by licensed vets (some practising and some retired) that support real fooding, raw diets, and natural health and healing for dogs and cats.
- Dogs Naturally Magazine;
- Dr. Dobias Natural Healing Blog;
- Vital Animal (Dr Will Falconer);
- Healthy Pets with Dr. Karen Becker;
- Dr. Becker’s Bites – the blog for Dr. Karen Becker’s treat line;
- Dr. Dee Blanco;
- Naturally Healthy Pets (Dr. Judy Morgan);
- Dr. Cathy Vet (Dr. Cathy Alinovi);
- Animal Wellness Magazine;
Raw Feeding Websites and Blogs
Blogs and websites we follow:
- Primal Pooch – The original web site that inspired us, run by Amy Marshall;
- Raw Food for Pets – Our blog posts of course;
- Perfectly Rawsome;
- Keep the Tail Wagging (Kimberly Gauthier)
- The Raw Feeding Community;
- Raw Feeding Rebels;
- RawDogFood.co (Dean Barrow);
- The Truth About Pet Food (Susan Thixton)
- Poisoned Pets;
- Pack Lunch;
- Healthy Dog For Life (Dan Scott)
- Raw Fed Cats (Linda Zurich);
Original Raw Feeding Websites
A small selection of the original Raw Feeding Websites (some no longer being updated).
- The Many Myths of Raw Feeding; We have incorporate many of Carissa’s ideas and posts into our own blog articles;
- Raw Meaty Bones (Dr. Tom Lonsdale);
- Raw Fed Dogs.net;
- Raw Fed Dogs.org;
- Raw Meaty Bones Articles (Dr. Lonsdales).
Raw Feeding and Natural Health Facebook Groups
Raw feeding Facebook groups can be insightful. It also assist pet parents and guardians that that need quick advice and / or support. As a social media platform, Facebook allows for quick response if the community or group is active..
General and Local
- We Feed Raw SA (Local discussion group for South African Raw Feeders);
- Planet Paws;
- Rodney Habib;
- Raw Fed Pets;
- Raw Feeding FRIENDS;
- As Nature Intended;
- Raw Feeding Rebels;
- Raw Feeding Advice and Support;
- Raw Feeding University;
- Raw Feeding;
- Raw Chat;
- Cats Completely Raw and Proud;
Raw Feeding Books
Nothing beats the feel of a book in hand (or Kindle). While there are many books available in various formats to pet parents today, many complicate the concept of fooding. The books we have listed, keep it simple and make the concept understandable.
- Why You NEED to Feed Your Dog a Raw Food Diet: A Complete Introduction for Beginners (Amazon) by Amy Marshall
- Raw and Natural Nutrition for Dogs (Amazon) by Lew Olson, PhD
- Unlocking the Canine Ancestral Diet (Amazon) by Steve Brown
- See Spot Living Longer (Amazon) by Steve Brown
- Dr. Becker’s Real Food for Health Dogs and Cats: Simple Homemade Food (Amazon) by Beth Taylor and Karen Shaw Becker DVM
- Work Wonders: Feed Your Dog Raw Meaty Bones (Amazon) by Tom Lonsdale
- Raw Meaty Bones Promote Health (Amazon) by Tom Lonsdale
- Give Your Dog a Bone (Amazon) by Dr. Ian Billinghurst
- The BARF Diet (Amazon) by Dr. Ian Billinghurst
- Raw Dog Food (Amazon) by Carina Beth MacDonald
- Raw Fed Cats: An Illustrated Companion Guide (Amazon) by Linda Zurich
- The Inner Carnivore: A guide to species appropriate raw feeding for cats & dogs (Amazon) by Jennifer Lee & Patricia Jordon
- Raw Food for Pets (Our collection of the most relevant public videos, documentaries and interviews available).
- Rodney Habib.
- Mercola Healthy Pets (Dr. Karen Becker)
- Dr. Judy Morgan;