Why can't I just soak the dry food in water? I am not ready to switch yet?
From Dr. Lisa Pierson, DVM (us acronym for vet), at CatInfo.org: “Dry food has a high bacterial content. Mold is also often found in dry food. There have been many deaths of dogs and cats secondary to eating mold mycotoxins, vomitoxins and aflatoxins which often contaminate the grains found in dry food. If you want to try the trick of wetting down the dry food to alter the texture, please leave it out for only 20-30 minutes then discard it. Bacteria and mold thrive in moisture.“
Be sure to also checkout our blog for additional articles.